The Bottom Line
- Clothes for every style and occasion
- Attention to detail and lacework are two signature themes
- Surprisingly affordable for designer pieces
- No web site for online shopping
- Every piece in a Cappalli collection is handmade (yes, even the jeans).
- Rumor has it that a Cappalli lace blouse hangs in every Puerto Rican woman’s closet.
- Lisa has designed clothes for models, singers, and TV personalities.
Guide Review - Cappalli Puts Her Stamp on Feminine Fashion in Puerto Rico
Cappalli’s designs run the gamut of women’s wear: she makes a children's clothing, casual and formal wear, and even bridal gowns. She loves lace and uses it liberally and artistically, and is equally enamored with the little detais - whether it's the cut of a blouse or a piece of custom embroidery on a pair of slim-fitting jeans. While the pieces aren't chain-store cheap, they are surprisingly reasonably priced for hand-made clothing from a talented designer.
There are two Cappalli stores: the one in Old San Juan carries most of her casual collection and ready-to-wear stuff. The other, in nearby Santurce, has gowns and formal clothing.
- Store name: Cappalli
- Located at 206 O’Donnell Street in Old San Juan
- Phone: (787) 289-6565
- Hours: 12 p.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, 12 p.m.-9 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, 12 p.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday.