Where to Stay:
- Casa Del Caribe, a homey B&B in the heart of Condado, is one of the best budget hotels in San Juan.
- Hotel El Portal is removed from the beach, but half the price of some comparable properties.
- At Wind Chimes Inn headlines this list, my favorite hotel in Condado and one of its best bargains.
- Acacia Seaside Inn is a pleasant boutique hotel steps away from the beach.
- The Condado Plaza Hotel & Casino is a well-known, large hotel with a great casino.
- The Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino is a family-friendly place with a great casino.
Where to Eat:
Fine dining, eclectic fusion, international flavors ... you'll find it all in Condado.
- One of the best Latin-Asian fusion restaurants on the island is chef Roberto Treviño's Budatai.
- Perla is among the most beautiful dining experiences in the city; located in the beautiful La Concha Resort, it's the hotel's flagship fine dining institution.
- Treviño strikes again with Bar Gitano, his take on traditional Spanish cuisine.
- Bangkok Bombay has, surprisingly, equally good Indian and Thai menus, and wicked lychee martinis.
- Yerba Buena is a lively place that brings Cuba to Condado.
- East, at the El Portal, has excellent sushi.
What to See and Do:
Where to Shop:
This is where Condado shines. Check out some of the brand names you'll find on Ashford Avenue, the Puerto Rican equivalent of Fifth Avenue:
- Louis Vuitton
- Nono Maldonado is one of the island's best designers of menswear and women's clothing (1112 Ashford Avenue, 787-721-0456).
- David Antonio is another well-known and internationally respected local designer.
- Cristobal stocks Versace and other high-end luggage and accessories (787-721-8393).
- Monsieur specializes in sophisticated menswear (787-722-0918).
- Mademoiselle carries well-known European labels (787-728-7440).
Where to Go Out at Night:
Beyond the casinos and restaurants that stay open late into the night, you have few nightlife options in this neighborhood: