The Bottom Line
- My vote for hottest club in San Juan.
- Two floors and several bars provides ample spaces to hang out.
- The location in the El San Juan Hotel only helps.
- Can get highly selective on weekends - dress to impress if you want to get in.
- Given its popularity, can get packed despite the large space.
- The $20 cover (guys and girls) is steep.
- The outdoor terraces on the second floor make for a welcome respite from the steamy indoors.
- The light show is terrific, adding to the electric atmosphere of the place.
- The main floor is reserved for the most dance tunes, while the upper level plays house and more lounge-friendly music.
Guide Review - Review of Brava Nightclub in San Juan
What makes Brava the best? For starters, it's got space: a huge dance floor, several bars, a VIP room, and outdoor terraces are spread out over two levels. Of course, all that space would mean little if there weren't people in it, which brings me to my next point: Brava consistently attracts a young, well-dressed crowd that loves to party. Then there's the music: a mix of house, techno, hip hop, and raggaetón. Guest DJs abound, celebs can often be spotted in the VIP Room, and the place will keep you on your feet until 5 am.
All that means long lines on weekeend nights, because Brava is the place to be. It also means that you have to belong. Show up in your company logo tee shirt and jeans, and you might be stuck listening to the muffled thumping of the music from the outside for a long time.