The Bottom Line
- Large, plush guest rooms with all the amenities you'd expect from the Ritz-Carlton.
- Oceanfront rooms offer panoramic views of Isla Verde Beach.
- The pool is among the most beautiful outdoor spaces you'll find in a San Juan hotel.
- As you might imagine, it's among the more expensive addresses in San Juan.
- The Ritz-Carlton is located at 6961 Avenue of the Governors in Isla Verde, Carolina. Call 787-253-1700 for more information.
- The hotel sits on eight acres of Isla Verde beachfront, and boasts four restaurants, a terrific spa, and a 24-hour casino.
- The hotel also has more than 30,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor function space, highlighted by a breathtaking ballroom.
Guide Review - Review of the Ritz-Carlton, San Juan Hotel
Instead, I'll talk about what made this particular Ritz special for me. And it starts with the hotel's ability to blend the ambience, outstanding service, and wonderful hospitality of a top-class resort with a homey sense of comfort and intimacy. The guest rooms invite you to settle in with plenty of space to spread out, oversized armchair or chaise, desk area and sink-into-sleep bed. The marble baths and signature bathrobes add an extra touch of elegance.
My favorite place in the hotel is the outdoor pool, a stunning space adorned with palm trees and stone lion fountains, and facing the ocean. Day or night, this is a secluded, serene oasis.
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan also trots out an impressive collection of restaurants, led by my favorite steakhouse in Puerto Rico, BLT Steak.
And finally, guests have a range of activities to enjoy here, starting with access to Isla Verde Beach, one of the nicest in San Juan. The casino, the first within the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, is a stylish throwback where you can play Blackjack, Roulette, Caribbean Stud, "Let it Ride," Baccarat, and Craps, along with more than 300 slot machines. And the 12,000 square foot spa pampers you with a full line of therapies and botanical treatments infused with flowers and fruits indigenous to the Caribbean and the El Yunque Rainforest. And finally, there's a state-of-the-art fitness center and two lighted tennis courts with an on-site tennis pro.
The hotel also has an outstanding kids' program, making it one of the top kid-friendly hotels in Puerto Rico.
And over all, there's the style, service and sophistication you can expect from a Ritz property. This is the kind of home away from home I could get used to.