The Bottom Line
- Beautifully appointed rooms in a colonial era house.
- Friendly hosts, including the unforgettable Social Director Campeche.
- The inn is truly an art gallery.
- It's a bit removed from the rest of the city.
- It's an old building, with old pipes and plumbing.
- The rate includes a breakfast buffet with fresh tropical fruits.
- The Inn has 22 individually decorated rooms which include Tempur-Pedic Swedish design mattresses and pillows.
- Ask about the Inn's packages and discounts. The summer season is a particularly good time to look for deals.
Guide Review - The Gallery Inn: A Unique San Juan Hotel
Sculptures, paintings and fountains adorn the 300-year-old home. The welcome party includes Social Director Campeche, the snow-white cockatoo (along with other exotic tropical birds), and a pleasant, amiable staff. And each room is decorated in a distinct style, with four-poster beds and period furniture complementing the art.
This is a place where guests are invited to feel at home, to explore and mingle. The common areas include a beautiful music room featuring a grand concert Steinway piano; a rooftop deck with lovely views of the city and the ocean; and the comfy lobby area. Guests and hosts can get together every evening for a wine and cheese reception, and you might even be treated to an impromptu candle-light concert if a well-known musician drops by to say hi to the D'Esopos.
The Inn is a different kind of lodging option. It doesn't have the amenities of a big-budget hotel, like a gym, a business center, or room service. It caters especially to vacationing couples looking for a romantic getaway. And it will welcome you with open arms if you choose to stay there.