The Bottom Line
- A TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Hotel in 2012.
- Home to an excellent restaurant and one of the island's best lounges.
- Located right across Isla Verde Beach.
- No street parking available.
- Removed from the rest of the Isla Verde action.
- If you can, go for the suite with oceanfront views, in-room telescope and, of course, a "Desires" board.
- Check out the many theme nights at Mist, the rooftop bar.
- Take advantage of the "Your Desires" Guest Program, in which a Manager of Desires acts as your personal concierge.
Guide Review - The Water & Beach Club: Boutique Luxury in Isla Verde
I'm a big fan of the way the hotel carries through its aquatic theme. Besides being close to the ocean, the Water & Beach Club goes out of its way to celebrate all things misty and zesty. I'm not kidding: The rooftop cafe and lounge is called Mist and the lobby-level modern-latino restaurant is called Zest, and they're among the best nightlife destinations in San Juan. The elevators have water cascading down their glass panels. The terrace pool is eye level with the ocean. And each room has a dazzling view of the ocean.
Beyond this playful obsession with water, you get a ton of extras and guest services designed to spoil and satisfy. Beachfront massages are available, as is a beach concierge. Rooms come equipped with iHome radio and alarm clocks. The suites also get equipped with a telescope for stargazing. How's that for personal touches above and beyond the norm?
This is a place designed to impress, but also made for comfort and individual attention. As far as hotels go, that's a pretty cool combination.