The Bottom Line
- An excellent staff with a deserved reputation for service.
- Plenty of amenities and entertainment options.
- Terrific value for the money.
- One of Ponce's best restaurants on the premises.
- There are better beaches in Puerto Rico.
- Not the place you want to be if you're looking for a party.
- Don't forget to try out La Cava, the hotel's award-winning fine dining restaurant.
- Children under 18 stay for free with their parents, and kids under 5 stay and eat for free.
- After a game of golf, check out the Victoria Spa, which has a complete range of treatments available.
Guide Review - The Ponce Hilton: A Jewel in the Pearl of the South
The rooms are comfortably equipped, with an eye more to tropical comfort than extravagance (the MP3 alarm clocks are a nice touch). But the hotel does its best to get you out of your room. Beyond the casino and the golf course are other activities. Beach volleyball, basketball, and mini-golf are among the other sports and recreation options available. Also, for die-hard golfers, there's a practice range open until 10 pm. Finally, the Hilton is well-loved for its casino, one of the largest in Puerto Rico, with slots, roulette, and blackjack. It's also one of the few places where you'll find more than one Texas Hold 'Em table. Open until 4 am on weekdays, you'll have two extra hours to test your luck on the weekends, when the casino only closes from 6 am to 8 am.
This is a multi-purpose hotel that caters equally to families, vacationing couples, and the business executive. Eighteen meeting rooms include, an elegant new, 62,000-foot ballroom. The Victoria Spa offers beach-side massages, volcanic stone massages, and a full menu of treatments and services. And the kids program here is excellent.
All in all, if you want to visit Ponce (a quaint and lovely alternative to San Juan), the Ponce Hilton will welcome you and make you feel at home in the Caribbean.