Puerto Rico's ...
Hotels in San Juan
Naturally, San Juan has the greatest concentration of hotels on the island. Puerto Rico's capital has a room for every budget and almost every preference: beachfront, boutique, casino (only hotels are allowed to operate casinos), historic, modern ... it's all here.
Hotels by Neighborhood
Old San Juan - The touristic and historic heart of Puerto Rico, Old San Juan has a collection of fine historic hotels, boutique properties and just one major chain:
- Hotel El Convento - Timeless, beautiful, and unique: a classic in the old city.
- Chateau Cervantes - Chic, boutique, and sumptuous, if pricey, property.
- The Gallery Inn - An intimate and welcoming old house that's been converted into an artistic gem of an inn.
- Sheraton Old San Juan - The largest hotel in Old San Juan and the only one in the oldy city with a casino.
- Da House- Funky, affordable and bohemian, with extra touches that will appeal to any artist.
- Hotel Milano - Well-priced, centrally located boutique hotel right on hip and happening Fortaleza Street.
- The Caribe Hilton - A large property with everything you could ask for, including several restaurants and bars, pools and gardens, and a variety of guestroom categories.
- Normandie Hotel - A romantic tribute designed and modeled after an ocean liner.
- The Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza - This hotel has come a long way, and is now one of the better properties in the neighborhood.
- The Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino - Home to an excellent casino and lovely outdoor pool, the Marriott in Condado is a reliable choice.
- La Concha, A Renaissance Resort - The newest, hippest and hottest hotel in Condado is a rebirth of an old classic.
- At Wind Chimes Inn - A charming and moderatley-priced small hotel set in a colonial Spanish house.
- Acacia Seaside Inn - Sister to the At Wind Chimes Inn, Acacia is a half block closer to the beach and is equally inviting.
- Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel & Casino - Large, basic hotel with a large casino.
- Casa del Caribe - Ideal for budget travelers, this small, basic hotel puts you a block or two away from great restaurants, the beach, and the Stellaris casino.
- Quality Inn El Portal - Nothing flashy, and quite far from the beach, this hotel is cheap and probably better suited to business travelers.
- El Prado Rentals - One of the best bargains in the city, El Prado offers terrific deals on apartments and even whole homes in Ocean Park.
- Numero Uno Guest House - Literally on the beach, this tiny hotel has just a few rooms, a microscopic pool, and one of the best restaurants in the area.
- Tres Palmas Inn - A cute and welcoming guest house, Tres Palmas exemplifies the Ocean Park experience.
- El San Juan Hotel & Casino - My favorite hotel in Isla Verde is a throwback to the grand old days.
- The Water & Beach Club - Once the coolest property in San Juan, this boutique hotel still carries a reputation as an ultra-hip destination for the discerning traveler.
- The Holiday Inn San Juan - An affordable option just a few blocks from the Isla Verde Beach, a few minutes to the airport, and plenty of little perks to make you feel more comfortable.
- The Ritz-Carlton San Juan Hotel, Spa & Casino - One of the elite hotels in San Juan, the Ritz brings its brand of class and quality to this stylish property.
- InterContinental San Juan - A large, elegant hotel right on the beach, but a bit lacking in local flavor.
- ESJ Towers - A favored option for many tourists, ESJ offers apartment rentals right on the beach.
- The Coqui Inn - A budget option in Isla Verde, the Coqui Inn is basic but lies close to all that Isla Verde has to offer.
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort - An affordable, family-friendly hotel right on the eastern edge of Isla Verde, the Courtyard is one of the last hotels on the strip.
- Holiday Inn San Juan - A large and budget-friendly hotel, the Holiday Inn is pleasant and close to the airport as well as the main avenue of Isla Verde.
- Best Western San Juan Airport Hotel & Casino - The closest hotel to the airport isn't my top choice in Isla Verde, but it's convenient and has a large casino.
- Embassy Suites San Juan - It's not near the beach, but the Embassy Suites is a nice option, thanks to its ample rooms, inviting pool, and tempting amenities.