- If you like Salsa, or live music, or dancing with several thousand other people, you'll want to get tickets to the Mega Rumbón Salsero, which takes place August 4 at the Puerto Rico convention center.
- On August 18, the town of Juana Díaz welcomes local artists from all over the island for a contest that celebrates one of Puerto Rico's most sacred handicraft traditions: the carving of santos, or wood-carved saints.
- August 4: The Mega Rumbón Salsero celebrates its 6th anniversary with thousands of salsa dancers, three orchestras, hours of live music, and the talents of DJ Sonar, who was recently crowned the winner of the national DJ competition in Puerto Rico.
- August 4-5: The Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré in Santurce is a lovely venue for musical and theater events, and on this weekend the Arturo Somohano Philharmonic Orchestra will perform Disney's Magic Concert.
- August 5: Cataño hosts Retretas Bohemias, a festival that honors the diverse musical tradition of Puerto Rico. Musicians, trios and all kinds of bands participate, along with plenty of dancing and food kiosks.
- August 10: Cayey celebrates its patron saint, La Señora de la Asuncion (Our Lady of the Assumption), with processions, music, games and food kiosks.
- August 18: The town of Juana Díaz, known far and wide for its reverence of the three kings (los reyes magos), holds its annual saints wood-carving contest. Saints, or santos, hold a special place in Puerto Rican arts and crafts, and the artists who make them, called santeros, show up to show off their skills.
- August 18: The Cruce a Nado Chavín is a special swimming race named after Chavín, a female paralyzed athlete. Contestants swim across the Condado Lagoon, following one of three routes that vary in difficulty depending on the participant's age (from 9 years of age to over 61). There is also a special route for the disabled.
- August 25: Juana Diaz honors its patron saint, San Ramón Nonato with its annual festival.
- August 25-26: Puerto Rico's surf capital, Rincón, throws its patron saint festival commemorating Santa Rosa de Lima.