- SoFo Fest returns to Fortaleza Street, with participating restaurants taking to the streets to offer their culinary treats. It's one of the year's most popular culinary events.
- If you like Margaritas, check out Margarita Fest at the Puerto Rico Convention Center and enjoy sampling a wide variety of this popular cocktail.
- And rounding out our food and spirits events is Gastronómika, a Food & Wine fest in Aguada.
- August 3-4: The Feria del Campo, one of the most important equestrian events on the island, celebrates its 31st year in 2013. It's a terrific chance to watch Paso Fino horses perform in all their majesty.
- August 8-11:SoFo Fest, Fortaleza Street's outstanding culinary festival, is back for another summer weekend, with restaurants like The Parrot Club, Aguaviva, Dragonfly and more participating in an open-air foodie-friendly block party.
- August 10: Margarita Fest comes to the Puerto Rico Convention Center for the first time. Restaurants around the island who claim to serve the best Margaritas will be offering their versions of the cocktail, along with snacks and live entertainment.
- August 17: If one food fest wasn't enough, this month also brings you Gastronómika a food and wine fest at the Aguada Coliseo with more than 80 exhibitors showcasing their products and recipes.
- August 17: The town of Juana Díaz, known far and wide for its reverence of the three kings (los reyes magos), holds its annual saints wood-carving contest. Saints, or santos, hold a special place in Puerto Rican arts and crafts, and the artists who make them, called santeros, show up to show off their skills.
- August 22-September 9: Ice Live is Cirque du Soleil on Ice with an environmentally conscious theme to it. Watch more than 60 international artists perform on ice under an air-conditioned tent in San Juan's Estadio Hiram Bithorn.