With only seven days left until Christmas, there is a ton to see and do in Puerto Rico. I've spent my share of Christmases on the island (alas, not this year), and I have a few ideas on how to celebrate while you're here. But I thought I'd throw in 7 more suggestions... one for each day leading up to the 25th.
- Dec. 18: Listen to a Christmas concert from Ponce's municipal band and chorus at 7 pm at the historic La Perla Theater in downtown.
- Dec. 19: The elegant Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré in Santurce has a few events lined up for the season, like a Christmas concert by the San Juan Children's Choir at 8pm on the 19th.
- Dec. 20: Spend a day at the carnival at La Feria; enjoy rides, games, and even a small circus.
- Dec. 21: Before Santa comes to town, Jennifer Lopez is visiting the island with Reggaetón icons Wisin & Yandel for two nights.
- Dec. 22: Catch a lively troubadour competition in Ponce's La Guancha boardwalk.
- Dec 23: Spend the day getting your truly last-minute shopping done at Plaza Las Américas mall. With daily "snowfall," a daily lights-and-music show, extended hours and over 300 stores, you might find just what you're looking for and have fun while doing it!
- Dec. 24: Attend a Misa del Gallo, or Rooster's mass, at churches throughout Puerto Rico.