As you can probably imagine, New Year's Eve is a fun, entertaining and boisterous event in San Juan. But where should you be to catch the hottest parties? The following places are planning to usher in 2011 in style:
- Club Brava at the El San Juan Hotel makes a splash with Bubbles NYE, with DJs, an open bar all night long on select brands, and arguably the hottest party at the hottest club on the island
- The Caribe Hilton has got three events planned. Palmeras Restaurant is hosting a New Year's Eve Dinner with live music, a buffet menu, and a free glass of champagne for the toast, for $145 per person (gratuity included). The Oasis Bar is also giving you a gourmet buffet dinner with live music and a guest DJ, a half bottle of champagne per adult, party favors, and gratuities. The event costs $190 per person, gratuity included. And finally, two of the hotel's ballrooms are home to a New Year's Eve Dancing Party, with drinks and asopao included. There's no dinner, but a variety of music and an '80's video bar. The events costs $90 per person if booked before Dec. 25, $100 from Dec. 26-30, and $125 on the 31st. A VIP ticket for $160 buys valet parking and access to the VIP area. The party is for 23+ guests only.
- Eternal Lounge at the Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza has DJ Phred, rock group La Secta AllStar, and Latin band K-MALU on tap, along with open bar on sponsor liquors and continental breakfast. Also, this is one party where minors are allowed. Tickets run from $70-$90, depending on how fast you book them.
- The Verdanza Hotel has a special event throughout the hotel lobby from 10pm on. Live music, DJ music, open bar on select brands, a midnight toast and continental breakfast is all thrown in for $75 per adult until December 25, $85 if purchased from December 26-30, and $100 if purchased on the 31st. Teenagers pay half price, but open bar is not included for them.
- Lastly, I'm not sure they have a name for their New Year's Party, but the lobby at La Concha Hotel is sure to be hopping long into January 1, 2011.