January 6 marks the zenith of the Christmas season and one of the most festive days on the Puerto Rican calendar. It is a time of kings ... Three Kings to be specific ... the Three Kings who visited baby Jesus on this date, to be exact. El Día de los Tres Reyes Magos is a great day to be on the island. If you're in San Juan, make sure to:
- Head to La Fortaleza in Old San Juan for a free gift for the kids.
- Enjoy a parade of the Three Kings through the old city.
- Exchange gifts (even if you've done it on Christmas).
- Toast the Three Kings, the New Year, the Christmas Season, your family's good health, and anything else you can think of with a glass coquito, a coconutty twist on traditional egg nog.
- Walk under the lights on Cristo Street in Old San Juan, enjoying the last official day of Christmas in Puerto Rico.